Why are the Book and Course Free?
It might seem a little too good to be true, that a professional book and course on Docker are free.
But, I can assure you that they both are, and that there is nothing shady going on.
The book and course are free for several reasons:
- I use Docker on a regular basis and have gained so much by doing so.
- I see many others struggling as I did, when I first started using Docker. I want to help them avoid the mistakes that I made and come up to speed with Docker quicker and easier than I did. Consequently, I see a huge need for a book and course like this and believe that they will help become as comfortable using Docker as I am.
- I want to give back to the community that helped me learn Docker over the last number of years.
- Finally, the book and course are a thank you to everyone who has bought my books or taken my premium courses.
While I've spent over 200 hours on Learn How to Deploy with Docker Compose the Right Way so far, enough people enjoy my teaching style and
continue learning with one of my books or premium courses. So, it all works out for all of us in the end!
That said, you can support the project, if you'd like; I'd be very grateful if you do.
What formats is the book available in?
At the moment, the book is only available in PDF format. However, it may be available in ePub and Mobi formats in the future.
Do I need any special tools to follow the book and course?
Nothing very much at all, actually. Just the following things:
- A cloned copy of the book’s code, or an application you want to deploy using Docker Compose
- A text editor or IDE of your choosing. I have no particular preference but recommend
PhpStorm (as I do most of my development in PHP)
The book and course step through installing Docker Engine, Docker Desktop, and Docker Compose.
I have a question about the book and/or course, can I email you?
Sure can! Email me anytime: matthew[at]webdevwithmatt.com.
I lost, deleted, or never received my welcome email! What do I do?
Some people have told me that that has been happening. Email me anytime at matthew[at]webdevwithmatt.com. I'll get you sorted.
I found a typo or bug with the book
Whether it's in the book or site, email me at matthew[at]webdevwithmatt.com.
Can I re-distribute the book and charge money for it?